Thursday, June 9, 2011

Wisconsin/Minnesota in pictures

Curtis, my sister-in-law Elaine, her husband Mike and I ventured to Wisconsin and Minnesota a couple of weeks ago to visit their family. I've never been to that part of the country and it was beautiful! Much fun and family merriment was had.

We visited the Paul Bunyan Museum where I got to ride Babe, the big blue ox.


Finally got a cheesehead (modeled by the lovely Elaine).


Visited the Leinenkugel Brewing Company in Chippewa Falls...


...where we filled up on samplers before we took a tour. Summer Shandy is delicious!


Played dice games at Uncle Jim's bar, the Lake Hallie Sportsmans Club,
where Curtis won a free 6 pack...


...and then we won two frozen chickens in a game called the Chicken Shake.
I'm more proud of this than I should be.


Elaine and Mike brought this wiener roaster for Grandpa.
We all got a giggle, but didn't get to try it out.


As always, I did my best to make pictures awkward.


We high tailed it to Red Wing, Minnesota to see Grandma
and I got to see the Mississippi for the first time.



All around awesome trip. Great to see family and eat some squeaky cheese. Go Packers!

No comments:

Post a Comment