Monday, April 20, 2009

Two Wheels

Old picture, same attitude. Yesterday was my first big road ride of the year. And much to my surprise, I did way better than I thought I would. The weekend was full of rain and slush, but miraculously, it all melted off on Sunday and it was in the 60's.
As Cody Chestnutt would say, I look good in leather. But spandex does nothing for me. This only adds to road riding's intimidating power over me. Anyone who knows me will tell you that if I'm not good at something, I will insist on doing it and pout the entire time.So the first few miles of the ride consisted of Curtis taking the lead and asking me ever so nicely how I was doing. I would grumpily say "I'm fine" and cough for the next 5 minutes. But after those first few miles, I became more relaxed and comfortable on my bike and enjoyed myself and the view. I live right by the foothills and it was absolutely gorgeous. Later we rode downtown and scoped out a potential wedding site. Overall a terrific Sunday.
For those riders out there, click here for an article that really helped me with the way I approached any sort of incline.
And Mapmyride.com is a site I have started to use to track my workouts. Doesn't just have to be biking either. It's just a cool way to keep track of what you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment